Operational Energy is the energy and associated systems, information, and processes required to train, move, and sustain forces and systems for military operations.
Operational Energy performance drives operational effectiveness through mobility, agility, flexibility, resilience and sustainability. It’s not just about using Operational Energy less, but using it best. Smart energy wins the fight.
- Operational Energy incorporates elements of Soldier, Basing and Vehicle Power. It is a key enabler for operations, essential for combined arms maneuver and required for Soldier sustainment.
- Providing energy alternative capabilities and interoperability builds flexibility and resilience through increased ability to respond to changes in operational demands, and greater ability to adapt to changes in the operational environment.
- Operational Energy performance does not just mean using less energy; rather, using energy to our greatest benefit through 'energy-informed operations.'
- Informed use of Operational Energy achieves greater effectiveness, reach, mobility, agility, interoperability, and sustainability.
- The Army strategy increases Operational Energy effectiveness through a balanced approach: increasing performance, reducing consumption, increasing efficiency, creating energy alternatives and assuring availability.
- Integrating Operational Energy strategies into the Army’s culture, processes and systems promotes adaptive and innovative leaders for a flexible and agile force of decisive action.
- The Army strategy increases Operational Energy effectiveness through a balanced approach.